Throttle control

Throttle control

Beitragvon GUZZUS » 23. Juni 2013, 22:13

Throttle control
Since I find the original throttle, with a very long ride, I would try a throttle control with less excursion, has been tested by some of you!
GUZZUS

Re: Throttle control

Beitragvon GBrodnig » 25. Juni 2013, 13:27

Bill said: "The genuine throttle control is flawlessly."

Neither there is a need nor it makes sense to change anything.

KR Gabriel
GBrodnig

Beitragvon GUZZUS » 25. Juni 2013, 21:14

The throttle original to a maximum stroke of 73 mm seems a bit ecessiva, I'd be curious to try something of far more rapid type a 45mm stroke.
GUZZUS

Beitragvon bill » 26. Juni 2013, 13:20

I don't think I said flawless; hat is a rather loose translation. I did say that it is good as dual (desmodromic) wire twistgrips go. When changing to flatslides it is more than good enough since thy have less travel than the stock Teikei carburator. It is good enough for me and I fit it to my Skorpions as well.
4-strocke flatslides have to use a twin-wire setup which force-closes the slide.
There are various GP grips on the market including the very good Domino/Tomasselli twin wire (not desmo!) for two carbs intended for use with 250cc 2-stroke GP engines which have two carbs. I have used this myself on a Ducati twin. It is a short-stroke grip. The disadvantage of all short-stroke grips is that the action is heavier, the short the stroke is. Another disadvantage for normal riders is the delicate (=difficult) control with a short stroke. It takes quite a bit of learning to mange well.
bill

Beitragvon GUZZUS » 26. Juni 2013, 14:18

Thanks Bill, always very precise and detailed.
GUZZUS

Zurück zu Tuning/Leistungssteigerung