CanUK's Build Thread

Fragen und Berichte zu Umbauten

Re: CanUK's Build Thread

Beitragvon CanUK » 13. Mai 2015, 10:34

Another parcel today, from Michaela at Projection Components:

Bild

..to be fitted with Ti exhaust studs (when I eventually get the broken original one extracted at least):

Bild

So plenty of work ahead of me - hopefully the next pics will be of some progress rather than parts arriving in packages. We have a baby due in less than 2 weeks, so the race is on. On the other hand, my mother-in-law will be visiting so I may find myself hiding in the garage :D
CanUK

Beitragvon CanUK » 2. Juni 2015, 20:47

Not much progress to report (a new baby boy has sidelined me temporarily), but today a new tail arrived - Honda RS125. The scale/proportion is much closer to what I'm after than the GSXR unit. It doesn't fit at all over the subframe (and will also need some slight trimming around the back of the tank), but then the subframe doesn't fit over the new shock and will be replaced -so it's not really an issue. Obviously it's not sitting anywhere close to where it will be mounted in these pics, but hopefully gives a general idea of the look.

Bild

Bild

Bild

And here it is next to the GSXR seat for comparison -much more compact:

Bild
CanUK

Beitragvon dennis121181 » 3. Juni 2015, 09:05

That looks much better, not so big.

LG Dennis
9 von 10 Stimmen in meinem Kopf sagen mir das ich ganz normal bin, die andere summt die Melodie von Tetris.
dennis121181

Beitragvon CanUK » 2. September 2015, 12:49

Still here, but not much progress for me lately. A new baby (our 3rd boy and all under 5 years old), a string of house-guests from overseas, and the fact I still haven't found a trailer means I've not managed to spend much time in the garage, nor get the bike to the shop to have the snapped exhaust stud removed.

Still, a minor update as a new parcel arrived:

Bild

Not quite a perfect fit as the ferrule on the end of the cable housing was too large to sit in the threaded adjuster, and the length of free cable meant the adjuster was going to be at/over the limits from the start. I thought I might need a new (possibly custom or modified) cable, but then as I've recently bough this (which I don't really know how to use yet):

Bild

...I decided to make my first project an adapter - large enough at one end to accept the original ferrule, and small enough at the other to fit the new lever/adjuster, with enough length to take up some of the excess free cable.

I made it from 12mm black Delrin(acetal) rod, and it seems to have worked perfectly (time will tell how it holds up of course, but it fits well and feels up to the task). I didn't take any pics before I installed it, but then it's not much to look at really. Here it is installed and covered in shrink-tube both to tidy it up and limit any flex due to the slot along the length (to fit over the cable):

Bild

Not really that exciting granted, but I was happy to find such a cheap (less than £0.50 in material) solution, and an excuse to try out the lathe. I have a couple mm of free play now as well with the adjuster wound fully-in.
CanUK

Beitragvon CanUK » 12. April 2019, 13:53

It's been a long time since I've posted anything. I'd had an issue with an exhaust stud that had snapped flush with the head. That sort of sidelined me for a bit, then other priorities sidelined any work on the bike for a long time. Never-the-less, the exhaust stud is now out, and progress is being made again. Here's the latest (mine, but not my work - I can't weld):

Bild
CanUK

Beitragvon Tarwetijger » 15. April 2019, 09:48

I like the look of that! Are your plans to put a fairing back on or leave it like this as a naked bike?
Tarwetijger

Beitragvon CanUK » 15. April 2019, 10:40

Tarwetijger hat geschrieben:I like the look of that! Are your plans to put a fairing back on or leave it like this as a naked bike?

Thanks. Definitely a fairing, but I'm not yet decided on what exactly, or whether to go full or 2/3 (no belly pan).
CanUK

Beitragvon dennis121181 » 19. April 2019, 10:29

9 von 10 Stimmen in meinem Kopf sagen mir das ich ganz normal bin, die andere summt die Melodie von Tetris.
dennis121181

Beitragvon Tarwetijger » 19. April 2019, 22:11

dennis121181 hat geschrieben:https://www.bubcomposites.com/660-szr
Nice parts for the SZR

:shock: nice indeed! :mrgreen:
Tarwetijger

Beitragvon CanUK » 24. April 2019, 15:43

dennis121181 hat geschrieben:https://www.bubcomposites.com/660-szr
Nice parts for the SZR

Cheers. I quite like the idea of the belly pan. Less keen on the original style upper fairing. Was thinking maybe a bit more moto2/3, but I'm not sure about size/scale.
CanUK

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Umbauten