Misfire Issue

Beiträge zur Serientechnik

Misfire Issue

Beitragvon David Riley » 14. Mai 2019, 20:00

Hello Guys.
Hopefully someone may be able to help me.
I have just finished building my SZR Special ( Pictures in Gallery ).
I am have a real problem with getting it to run correctly. It has a dynojet carburetor kit fitted with individual K&N filters and original exhaust with open endcan/silencer.
It starts OK, idles ok, revs well on stand rides ok until you give it some gas then after about say 300 - 400 metres it develops a misfire and starts to die if you ease off the throttle then it slowly recovers. I have checked the carbs everything is good correct filters clean, float height 25mm from bottom of float to carburetor face, checked jetting, checked for anything blocked/worn all ok, changed ignition coil just incase it is breaking down under load, fuel getting to carbs no blockages, valve timing/clearances spot on. I've checked everything i can think of but still the misfire persists can anyone advise me what the problem could be. Seems like a fueling problem to me but i cant find anything that could be the cause of this problem - Help.

Kind regards
Dave
David Riley

Re: Misfire Issue

Beitragvon Alexa » 15. Mai 2019, 16:58

Hi Dave,

did you check if there's water in the fuel?
Alexa
Administrator

Beitragvon David Riley » 15. Mai 2019, 19:37

Hi There Alexa.
Thanks for your help.
Yes the fuel is good and i also made sure there was enough fuel in the tank to ensure the carbs were gravity fed ( fuel above height of the carburetor float bowls).
Regards
David.
David Riley

Beitragvon Juergen » 15. Mai 2019, 22:57

Hi Dave,
K&N filters with dynojetted stock carburetor (especially if one or all consist of constant pressure type, ergo using diaphragm or piston)
is not best practise :?
Do you have chance to run your modifications with stock / improved airbox :?:

Gruessle, Juergen ;)

PS:I like the "Wasp"-look of your SZR 8-)
Juergen

Beitragvon David Riley » 16. Mai 2019, 07:20

Hi Juergen.
Unfortunatly i don't have the original airbox or standard jets.
Also i cant fit a standard airbox to the bike even if i purchased one due to the fact that i have modified the liquid coolant circuit so the thermostat/filler cap is now hidden under the front of the fueltank where the airbox was.
Thanks for your advise.
Kind regards
David.
David Riley

Zurück zu Technik