SZR forks

SZR forks

Beitragvon frogdog86 » 26. März 2014, 13:46

Hi Everyone,

Bought an SZR about a year ago and have slowly and steadily been restoring it. Found it tricky as there is not much information out there about the bike, then I stumbled across this gem of a forum, where it would seem all the experts of the world on the SZR live!

Im currently been trying to change the bushings and seals on the forks (Paioili USD), but I'm stuck at the stage where you are meant to remove the cartridge using the paioli special tool.

This tool seems to be pretty rare, does anybody know of any other way of doing it? I have tried translating and reading through the forums, I think bike-didi and speedfreak has done it, but not sure on the steps from the translation.

Thanks!
frogdog86

Re: SZR forks

Beitragvon Alexa » 26. März 2014, 14:05

Hi Charlie,

at first I'm going to send you two pictures of a self-made tool.
Do you need the fork manual?

Cheers
Alexa
Alexa
Administrator

Beitragvon frogdog86 » 26. März 2014, 15:07

Thanks Alexa, the pictures will help.

As for the manual, I have the SZR service manual, and have read through some other paioli manuals so should be good on that front.
frogdog86

Beitragvon frogdog86 » 26. März 2014, 15:11

Just looked at the pictures, the first picture shows 3 tools, the lower one looks like what I need, what are the others used for?

Also to unscrew the cartridge, i would use that bottom tool so it engages with the castle nut at the bottom and unscrew counterclockwise?

Thanks.
frogdog86

Beitragvon frogdog86 » 26. März 2014, 18:43

Sorry I've just realised those are two halves of a slide hammer for seating the seals, they looked so shiny that I couldn't tell they were two halves of the same tube :lol:

I'll try and source some steel tube of those dimensions, and hopefully make a tool like yours, though yours looks pretty well machined, I'll attempt it with a file :)
frogdog86

Zurück zu Talk