Ticking noise

Ticking noise

Beitragvon Tarwetijger » 8. April 2019, 21:44

I took the crankcase cover of my SZR to check the primaertreib.
It has been standing like this for months. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33&start=80#p12128
Now I put the clutch and cover back on, oil and cooling liquid filled up.
It'll start just fine but makes a terrible ticking noise :( :o
I checked the bleeding screw on top of the oil filter. Accidently turned it all out... let's say the oil pressure is very good. :roll:
But this noise worries me. Has all the oil dripped out the cilinder head while it had been standing like that for months?
I haven't touched the head, but the crankcase cover has two oil lines which have been open all the time.
I've read somewhere oil has to be put on the camshaft? Like after revision or something like that.
What should I do now?
Tarwetijger

Re: Ticking noise

Beitragvon Tarwetijger » 15. April 2019, 09:47

No suggestions? :cry: I listened to it carefully one more time, the noise comes from the head. So I am going to check the valve clearence. I'll adjust if necessary - otherwise, I will just see how it goes!
Tarwetijger

Beitragvon Juergen » 16. April 2019, 09:10

Good Morning Tijger,
Check valve clearance and have a look for loosen parts of Decompression-unit in camshaft - also check timing chain tensioner.
Nuts of exhaust header should be retightened after first use/warm up of new copper gasket ring/s.

Gruessle, Juergen ;)
Juergen

Beitragvon Tarwetijger » 17. April 2019, 13:41

Good suggestions, that's what I was looking for. Thanks Juergen, I will look into it!
Tarwetijger

Beitragvon Tarwetijger » 20. Juni 2019, 15:02

Cam chain was halfway trough the range of the tensioner; nothing wrong with that.
One inlet valve had a bit too much clearance. Well, otherwise it runs fine for over a couple of 100 kms now.
Tarwetijger

Zurück zu Talk